The National Museum in Kikinda was founded on the 7th November 1946. It is located within the walls of the former Magistracy of Great Kikinda District. The museum has six departments: archaeological, ethnological, historical, natural, artistic and pedagogical. Its work considers the territory of municipalities Kikinda, Čoka and Ada.
Since 2006. the museum curates original remains of the best preserved mammoth skeleton found in Europe.